Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Review 4-15-2012

On Tap: I did some tasting checks on my two kegs - A Munich Helles which is still conditioning, but getting better.  There was some strong hints of sulfur and it just wasn't where I wanted it to be about 2 weeks.   This weekend it showed much improvement and I think in another week or two it will be solid.  The other beer is the English Mild that I brewed on St Patricks Day.  This beer is spot on right now as far as co2 and taste goes.  I am hoping for good things with this beer when I enter it into the comps in a couple weeks.

Stocked up:  I went to the LHBS, Flying Barrel, and picked up 5lbs of munich malt and 3lbs of carapils to add to my inventory.  I am planning to start tweaking my house pale ale recipe using CTZ and Cascade throughout

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brett, would you consider posting your house pale ale recipe? I've been tweaking all three of my house beers (Amber, Pale, IPA) for a few batches now and would love to see what you are doing.

    -TK

    ReplyDelete
  2. TK - I will try and post it up when I get home today. I guess my wording was a little fuzzy, but I haven't actually brewed this pale ale recipe yet. The past two pale ales I brewed were based on Jamils APA (no crystal) recipe in Brewing Classic Styles. I took my knowledge of that recipe as well as from some Professional breweries (Can You Brew It on the Brewing Network) to create what I think will be a solid starting point for my house pale ale. I will be using a whirlpool hop technique for this next pale ale as describe at Bertus Brewery (http://bertusbrewery.blogspot.com/2012/03/hoppy-beers-and-whirlpool-hops.html) as I feel my Hoppy Beers haven't been packing that flavor/aroma punch like I'd like

    ReplyDelete
  3. TK - went ahead and posted the recipe. Let me know if you have any thoughts. http://shegoguebrew.blogspot.com/2012/04/american-pale-ale-base-recipe-1.html

    ReplyDelete