Monday, September 3, 2012

2012-2013 Brew Schedule

After some thought (and using my input from my previous post), I have come up with what I think will be my tentative brew calendar.  I say tentative because I fear the unknown...well not really, but I do like to have the authority to change my mind.  I also may need to throw in an extra brew, or delay one to meet friends/family requests.  You will also notice I don't have brews planned during the hot summer months.  This isn't because I melt in the sun, but more cause I don't like/trust my fermentation chamber to handle such temperature differentials in the balmy garage.

So, without further ado, here is Shegogue Brew's 2012-2013 Brew Schedule:


I didn't brew this much last year, but I did the year before.  I hope to be able to brew about once a month.  I have already been doing some extensive research on Pumpkin Ales.  There is some controversy on whether or not using pumpkin is necessary, but I think I will be using the orange substance in my brew. Now to start crafting recipes to determine which hops to buy in bulk, how many sacks of grain to buy and which yeasts to use!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun schedule! Good luck with actually using the Pumpkin - I'm interested to see how that turns out. I wish we still worked in the same office so I could try them, haha!

    PS - If you go to Dogfish Head this Fall, order these:

    Chunkin - Chicory & Punkin
    Numchuck - Chicory, Punkin, & 90 minute

    You will not regret it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eryn! I will have to try and get some of my beers over to my former teammates at LOC. Saw Hyun the other day, maybe he can assist in the transport.

    I need to go to the Dogfish Head alehouse - haven't been in a while. I also think I might have a coupon which expires this month. Those names for their blended beers are pure marketing genius, I am sure they are equally as tasty and I will check it out soon

    ReplyDelete