Monday, November 10, 2014

Fall Updates - I am alive

I think I have given the Deck post an appropriate amount of Top-Blog time.  I have really been slacking with this blog and hope to liven things up with some more frequent postings.  A Few quick updates:

A few shots of my Wrong Coast version 2 which I brewed for the deck party, subsequently consumed all of it, and never blogged about the testing notes...at least I took pictures?


  • I will be judging this weekend at the MALT Turkey Shoot beer competition.  This will be my first competition I am judging where I can official check the "Certified" box on the BJCP Scoresheet.  Looking forward to it!
  • Finally purchased the Avantco IC3500 when it was on sale last month.  I believe I orginally posted about my intentions for buying this cooktop back in August of 2013 when I first blogged about having an Indoor brew space, so it has been a long time coming.  I will be doing some time/temp tests to provide some numerical data for others interested in using this burner.
  • I recently brewed an Oatmeal Stout and will have recipes and tasting notes going up soon
  • I am flirting with the idea of making some homebrew related videos, if so I will post them to the blog.
  • I wrote a guest post for Homebrewtalk.com on the Road to Becoming a BJCP Judge
Another beer I brewed for the party was a witbier.  I add some flour at flameout so it would remain cloudy, which it did for a little while...


And then it sat in the keg for quite a few weeks


Crystal clear!  Oh well, still tastes great!

Plan on posting again soon, so stay tuned :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment